Get ready! The following list of illnesses arising from vitamin D deficiency may shock you.
· Diabetes, as vitamin D is essential for blood sugar control
· Heart disease
· Mental illness
· Auto-immune illness, such as rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, inflammatory bowel disease, multiple sclerosis and others
· Rickets and osteomalacia
· Muscle weakness and poor neuro-muscular co-ordination
· High blood pressure
· Chronic pain
· Poor immunity and susceptibility to infections
· Hyperparathyroidism, which manifests itself as osteoporosis, kidney stones, depression, aches and pains, chronic fatigue, muscle weakness and digestive abnormalities
There are other supplements, such as vitamin D2 but this is a synthetic form made by irradiating mushrooms and other plants. It's not as effective and can easily become toxic. Whereas vitamin D, from a natural source, will always come with vitamin A. They keep each other in check and won't allow your body to store toxic levels of either.